Doe Lake is the largest lake in the Almaguin Highlands and is part of the Magnetawan River System. It consists of three bodies of water – Little Doe, Middle Doe and Big Doe. Camp Katrindo is located within what is known as Lawton’s Cove on Little Doe.
During your stay here, we are certain you will find tons of things to enjoy on your own or with family & friends both old and new!
- There is generally good fishing for walleye (pickerel), bass, northern pike, perch and white fish
- Miles of beautiful Muskoka water for boating, waterskiing, wake boarding and tubing
- Badminton/Beach Volleyball
- Paddleball & Horseshoe pits
- 14’ Aluminum Boat & 9.9 hp motor rentals available
- Kayak, canoe & paddleboard rentals available
- Seasonal docking and boat storage available
- Lending library for games, movies and books
- Large central fire pit for all the cottagers to use
- Our property boarders the Doe Lake Public beach which offers some amazing playground equipment including a basketball court
- We are just a breeze away from the Burks Falls ValuMart, LCBO & Beer store, Tim Hortons and a service centre.
- Katrine offers a local Marina as well as corner store offering ice cream and other essentials
- The local “chip wagon” is also a hit amongst our cottage renters
- A 9-hole golf course is located in Katrine just 5 minutes from our door
- Camp Katrindo is within a 20 minute drive of Huntsville, which offers great tourist destinations including shopping, dining and river boat cruises.
- We are surrounded by numerous walking trails, bike trails, water falls, beautiful lakes and rivers, golf courses, horseback riding facilities as well as other popular tourist attractions. (Arrowhead Provincial Park, Algonquin Park, Lake Muskoka, and Deerhurst Resort along with many others.)